Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23rd, 2014

I gave birth this week to a 130 pound Peruvian baby boy. Haha I recieved my new companion wednesday, His names Elder Alcántara from Lima. This first week has been super fun...I am still learning this area cause its huge and I havent been here long, so weve been getting lost a lot ha. But ya it was pretty wild the other day when Ecuador won. We were walking down the street, past literally every house was out on their porch watching the game, and the streets exploded at the same time, there were fireworks for the next 3 hours and a mob of no joke 50 motorcycles went up and down the streets screaming till 9 at night. Ha Freaking crazys.

We started the week pretty well, had a few investigators that started to progress. But yesterday they all dropped us. One because her "Christian" mom got angry and almost hit her cause shes listening to us. Another because she feels pressured by us and her husband whos a member, because we told them to pray and read together. And another, who had a solid date, attended church and everything, we had to give to the sisters in our ward cause we found out he lives in their half of the ward. So ya were starting over again, completely brand new basically.This kind of stuff is usual, but I dont know it bugged me a lot more, it was like one right after the other yesterday.

So I prayed hard last night that I could just forget what happened and just go out and kill it this week. And I got a huge help today as I studied in Moroni 9, I swear it was written just for me in that moment.

In Verse 4 mormon says. Behold, I am laboring with them continually; and when I speak the word of God with asharpness they tremble and anger against me; and when I use no sharpness they bharden their hearts against it; wherefore, I fear lest the Spirit of the Lord hath ceased cstriving with them.
6. And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor adiligently; for if we should cease to blabor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.

Ya that me good, Im not gonna stop trying, nor have bad thoughts about the people, nor put my head down, were gonna find those who are not gonna anger or harden their hearts. This work of the mission is important and this church is true, those who deny it will regret it, but were not gonna regret trying to help them. amen.

Elder Crisp

to my left is Elder Alcantara.

No comments:

Post a Comment