Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24th, 2014

We had the oppurtunity to go to the temple this last week, it was pretty sweet. The temple is super beautiful, and just going teaches me so much every time. It makes me desire even more to help the families that we talk to every day get past those first requisites to be able to prepare to enter the temple. I really know that the temple is the house of the lord here on earth. I am not gonna be with you guys on thanksgiving but I am grateful for the fact that God restored temples with the church. And that theres one in my mission.

Something that was on my mind this week was the topic of faith. We got asked kind of a smug question from somebody, if we would have the faith to walk on water to Christ. The answer for me is honestly no, I say cause not even peter could stay up. Its the truth that we have a releatively small portion of the faith that is required of us, and thats something president riggins said this week....If we havent moved a mountain with just a thought, or walked on water, why stop trying to improve in faith. How can we settle? How can we stop trying to study and understand the words of God, understand what it is to have faith. I think really the lesson is to never conform to who we are, but continually grow in f aith. Unless we can walk on water, I think once that happens well have enough.

I love the question, What do you think about when you dont need be thinking, And I love this scripture as well in DYC 43


34 Hearken ye to these words. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Treasure these things up in your hearts, andlet the solemnities of eternity rest upon your minds.

35 Be sober. Keep all my commandments. Even so. Amen.

Have a good one HAPPY THANKSGIVING,

Elder Crisp


No comments:

Post a Comment