Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15th, 2014

I feel like ive grown a bunch this last week, and I feel super happy to be here in Milagro still. My testimony of the Savior is strengthened every day, and I want it to be known that I know he is living and he guides us as his church every day, this is his church there is no doubt. The words of the song Asombro Me Da (I Stand All Amazed) hit me so hard it brought me to tears yesterday at church as I shared my hymnal with Antonio, someone who I was able to help a little bit to come to Christ now a month ago. The second verse hit me especially hard.
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

We had a sweet little fundraiser for the wedding of the main man Mayra, we (they) sold 100 plates of food (200 bucks) and raised a lot more money than we need haha....but ya everythings good for her wedding the 26th, shes super pumped for baptism too! The bad part is that next week 30 new missionaries are coming, and Pres. Riggins straight up told E Alcantara that hell be training... Ill probably be leaving before seeing the wedding/baptism (Like what happened with Diana in my other area, AGAIN this happens to me). I really hope I can stay to see the matrimony, But its still cool cause shes super converted, already paying tithing, prepping to be able to do baptisms in the temple and everything.

Apart from her, we have quite a few people listening, and were striving hard to be able to have them come to church... We met a super cool family of sisters with a bunch of little kids, after teaching we found out one, Aleyda, had already been baptized, but he two sisters also agreed to start prepping. Aleyda came to church after a few years of inactivity and enjoyed it a ton, shes got a few seroious health problems so I feel like we found her at the perfect time....It would be awesome to see the whole house follow her example and come to church as well, well see. Its going well with what we have right now in this sector.

Jacob 4:10
10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to takecounsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.

Con Amor,
Elder Crispa

No comments:

Post a Comment