Monday, November 9, 2015

"I'm Done"

Well this is the last time ill be writing as a missionary. I dont know how to feel. Im extremely grateful for the chance ive had to serve here in Ecuador. The lessons Ive learned here are priceless and countless. It might seem to most people that I just had a really neat foreign exchange and got to learn about a new culture and language, or maybe that I just wasted a bunch of my time and money. But I know that it is not the case, that I have been in the Lord`s service, as a representative of His church and His life. I have come to learn and understand things that I will never be able to put in words, but they are truths that I will never be able to deny. I know that our testimonies can and will not grow with out trials of our faith. And that when we are in hard times those are the best times to come to know, and love God and feel of His love. When we are suffering we can be closer to him than any other time. I know that because Ive experienced it. Im super grateful for the people ive met and have taught here. This is a beautiful country with beautiful people and I look forward to seeing where all the seeds Ive helped plant lead.

This coming week we will have the baptism of a sister Rocio and her daughter, we were planning to have them baptized this last week but something came up in her interview but its all good shes super prepared. Weve been teaching her and her family (theres another son and some uncles/cousins who are next up too) for quite a while, her progress has been slow but she has a strong conviction of the truthfulness of this work. Her life has been super hectic all the time weve been teaching but despite the trials, which usually make people give up, she has become even more and more excited to be baptized. Im happy that well get to see them baptized. This is gonna be the best week of my mission. We will see you guys in Ontario International Airport at 145 pm in 8 days (well see who gets the first hug). till then stay handsome and please take care. CIAO I MIEI CARI FRATELLI, LES QUIERO BESITO


Love Elder Crisp


I got made a cake, an awesome family did it,
PS Thanks for telling everyone to tell me happy birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment